Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

I had a pretty good week and I'm down two more pounds this week! So I've lost a total of 23 lbs since going primal. Now, for full disclosure, I should note that my weight loss this past week may have been aided by a food poisoning incident. But I had been measuring my weight a bit throughout the week, and I think I'd have lost 1-2 lbs even without the unplanned bodily evacuations.

I'm getting to the point where I may stop reporting on weight loss weekly. Not because I don't expect to keep losing weight; to the contrary, I expect that I've got about 15 lbs of fat still to lose. It's just that I'm becoming less interested in the number on the scale and on what my "weight" is, and more interested in body composition. So the weight loss, which has already begun to slow as I get in better shape, isn't as important to me as other metrics such as measurements, bmi, and the old "mirror test."

Above all, I feel better than I ever have. I know I'm doing right by my body. I feel so good that if this lifestyle didn't come with any weight-loss benefits, I'd probably still do it for every other reason. But, of course, it makes total sense that I would lose excess weight by doing right by my body. I'll have to post some pictures soon. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment