Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

I skipped last week. Well... the last two weeks.

I didn't really mean to. But I should confess something. I gained a pound two weeks ago. I didn't know what to make of it. So i decided to give it some thought before posting. Then I got distracted. Then it was Friday. And I couldn't motivate myself to post a "Weigh-in Wednesday" on Friday. Or Saturday. Aaaaaand then I just figured I'd wait until the next week.

Then that week, I only lost a pound, so I was right back to where I was before. No change. Then the next week there was no change at all. So I just kept to myself trying to figure it out.

I should reiterate, I wasn't ashamed of gaining the pound or anything. I wasn't going to not post that. I will note that two weekends ago was my birthday. And I ate a LOT. It was all primal, but it was plentiful. I felt great, still had all the energy I needed, and everything was going well. I just had more food in me I guess.

Curious about what was happening that week, I changed my habit and weighed in again the next day. And I was back down to exactly where I was the week before. So for the week I was up a pound. But for the week+1 day I was even. Go figure. Then it was a two week plateau.

And that brings us to this week. This week I've lost 1 lb. That brings the total weight loss since going primal to 21 lbs. I've still got a lot of work to do, but I'm doing really well. I know that the pounds will come off more slowly now that I'm getting closer to an acceptable weight. And that's okay. In fact, at this point, I don't care that much about the numbers on the scale. I now want to trim body fat percentage and add muscle.

Feeling great and looking better!

No comments:

Post a Comment