Saturday, May 22, 2010

Primal with Crossfit

I took advantage of a free week at a crossfit gym this week. It was really tough, and I'm really out of shape, but I loved it! I'm going to join full time and go 4 days a week. I went this morning and feel great. I know that gator aide isn't primal, but it helps me bounce back after busting my butt. I noticed a couple of people have "Grok" shoes, but I'm okay not wearing those yet.

"I started eating two eggs for breakfast, and this week added 2 slices of bacon to the mix, as well as switching from half and half to heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Oh, and I also add a little bit of shredded cheese to the eggs. The results have been amazing! I've had more energy, feel fuller much longer (even eating lunch later in the day or not at all), and find it easier to resist non-primal temptation. This was huge for me on Friday when I was tempted with donuts and cake in the morning, and a table full of high carb sweets that the PTO had set up in the teachers lounge. One thing that helps me is giving the sweets away when they are handed to me, or avoiding the areas of temptation (Such as the teacher's lounge on Friday.) So far I've lost six pounds and look forward to weighing in on Monday because I've had such an awesome week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so great, Mark. Looks like you are figuring things out. Isn't it great when you are not ruled in your day by what and when you are eating?

    Congrats on the fitness -- Scott and I are turning that up a notch, too. We've been trying to reach 10,000 steps a day which usually means we end up working out as we watch evening TV. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, bro! Sounds great!

    As for the primal shoes, I've had them for over a year - long before going primal. I LOVE them. I originally got them to help strengthen the muscles around my knee, but have found all kinds of other great benefits from wearing them. They feel great, and I feel stronger after wearing them for a while. My knee feels better than ever with all the muscular development and weight loss.

    I say give them a try. The Vibrams are awesome. We're getting Beki a pair soon.

    ReplyDelete